Serving Oregon, Nevada, Idaho, and other areas
I am so excited to share Spell to Write and Read with others and to empower them to move forward with confidence! What is most exciting to me about teaching SWR is that I am always learning along with my students.
I have had the privilege of teaching preschoolers through adult students, both in classroom and homeschool settings, as well as teaching students learning English as a Second Language. I know from my own experience that SWR is effective for ALL ages and in ALL teaching situations!
The key for me as a teacher was to learn SWR well enough to apply it to any context. I have found that doing, doing, doing is what helped me most, and it will help you and your students, too.
At a seminar:
- You can be the student! You will begin building your Master Teacher’s Log, while seeing spelling dictation modeled and Reference Pages built.
- You will learn how to use the SWR Teacher’s Manual along with the Wise Guide to plan and teach lessons effectively.
- You will be able to practice spelling dictation in a nonthreatening, supportive setting.
- You will benefit from the experiences and questions of others.
- The think-to-spell method will become a valuable lifelong tool for you and your students!
Questions? Comments? Want more information? Please email me!
June 15-16, 2018 • Warren, OR
Friday, June 8, 2018
Why is this date important? Please read the Seminar FAQ page for more information.
St. Helens Community Bible Church
35031 Millard Road
Warren, OR 97053
BASIC SEMINAR SCHEDULE
Check-in first day: 8:30 – 9:00 a.m.
Class Both Days: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
We will break for a 1-hour lunch starting around 12:30 p.m. Bring a bag lunch or be prepared to quickly purchase something at a nearby restaurant.
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR SEMINAR
- Spell to Write and Read
- The WISE Guide
- The Phonogram Cards
- paper for notes
- your Master Teacher Log(s) (seminar alumni)
- bag lunch or money to purchase lunch in town
If you do not have any of these materials, please order them by the registration deadline to ensure that you will have them before the class.
Please refer to the Seminar FAQ page.
Note: You must study your phonograms before attending the class. If you do not already have the phonogram cards and CD, please have these shipped to you so that you can adequately prepare for the class.
INFORMATION & CONTACT
We make every effort to send class confirmations within a few days of receiving payment for your tuition; however, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you register close to the time of the class. Please print out this information for your reference.
Click on “1. How to Register” above to register for a seminar with Jani.
How to Register
This is a simple three-step process. You must complete all three steps in order to successfully register for your class and to pre-order materials, if necessary.
Step One: Pre-registration information
- Refer to the information specific to your seminar by clicking on the seminar tab just above (“Basic Seminar Info”).
- Other questions are answered on our Seminars FAQ’s page.
- Teacher Materials necessary to use the program include the Core Teacher’s Kit. If you do not have these materials, please order them immediately so that you can get them in time for your class.
- Click on “2. Registration Form” above to continue.
Step Two: Registration Form
Step Three: Payment for tuition
Your registration is complete when both your payment and registration form are received.